[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P + FXO module = PSTN woes

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 13 16:44:56 MST 2005

> [root at voip ~]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
 <snip>
> install wcfxs /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxs && /sbin/ztcfg
 <snip>
> alias wctdm wcfxs
> alias wct2xxp wct4xxp
> alias eth3 hisax
> [root at voip ~]#

The above looks different then my setup, and is likely the result of a
previous asterisk installation.

The "install wcfxs" was replaced several months ago with "install wctdm"
and the "alias wctdm wcfxs" was replaced with "alias wcfxs wctdm".
Those statements are part of the reason for our confusion. I'd suggest
them with this:
 install wcfxo /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxo && /sbin/ztcfg
 alias wcfxs wctdm
or look through the code in /usr/src/zaptel to confirm.

The above is why your lsmod is showing wcfxs and not wctdm.

> >> Does the system work correctly when people call in on the line that the
> >> FXO module is plugged in to?
>
> No, when I dial the number, I get a "number busy" signal.

What does "zap show status" indicate?

Also, what does the CLI show when you dial a call that is suppose to
go out the TDM card?

> [root at voip etc]# modprobe zaptel
> [root at voip etc]# modprobe wctdm
> Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
> line 3: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'
> [root at voip etc]#
>
> Although when I run modprobe wctdm again, the error message does not repeat
> itself.

Yes, I see that once in a while also.

> /var/log/messages
> Nov 13 21:47:11 voip kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major
> 196
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:08.0[A] -> Link
> [LNKD] -> GSI 10 (level, low) -> IRQ 10
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Freshmaker version: 73
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Freshmaker passed register test
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Module 1: Not installed
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Module 2: Not installed
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Module 3: Not installed
> Nov 13 21:47:16 voip kernel: Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4
> modules)
>

> ztcfg -vvvv
> [root at voip dev]# ztcfg -vvvv
>
> Zaptel Configuration
> ======================
>

> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
>
> 1 channels configured.

The above is good.

Now I'd start looking at the exact extensions.conf entry that is
supposed to be executed when you place a call.

Copy/paste that part and include the CLI stuff as noted above.

FWIW, I don't use a threaded email reader, so don't delete to much from
the above in your reply, or I'll forget what you previously stated.

Rich