[Asterisk-Users] Upgrading 1.0.9 to 1.2 beta

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Sun Nov 13 14:35:49 MST 2005

I have personally done this recently, and my advice is definately DO IT.

In my situation, I noticed a marked improvement in echo and general audio quality.

I too had gain settings that were "out of whack" compared to what others had
experienced, but as long as your following the documented methods (ztmonitor,
etc.) then whatever works for you is fine.

One word of warning though, when I went to 1.2Beta2, my gain settings were all
out of kilter again. Calls were suddenly far too quiet. I ended up setting them
all back to 0 (you'll need to perform your tests all over again).

This may be because of the different default echo canceller in the Zaptel
drivers? Anyway... good luck.

Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270