[Asterisk-Users] Upgrading 1.0.9 to 1.2 beta

Chris Bagnall chris at minotaur.it
Sun Nov 13 06:36:05 MST 2005

Hello all,

I'm contemplating upgrading a client's asterisk system from 1.0.9 to 1.2
beta to take advantage of some of the new echo cancellers in the later
zaptel packages. Problem is, I'll be doing it without physical access to the
box and without being able to personally test the new echo cancellation for
them, so I'll be relying on information they provide me with.

Their setup involves a Rev. I TDM400 card with 3 FXO modules connected to
standard BT analogue lines. They've been complaining about echo for some
time, despite the multitude of options I've tried in zapata.conf to limit
the echo problem.

Here are the current zapata.conf settings:
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=12.0
txgain=8.0

(rxgain and txgain calculated by running ztmonitor on a number of different
calls over a period of a few days, aiming to keep the levels in the middle)

1) Is an upgrade to 1.2 likely to help at all?

2) If yes, which echo canceller is most likely to yield favourable results,
and are there any changes I should make in the conf file?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris