[Asterisk-Users] Setting up externip and local net for Asterisk behind NAT

bbench at mail.bg bbench at mail.bg
Sun Nov 13 05:28:54 MST 2005

> I was not successful to make my Asteirsk receive calls. Please help me
> to set it up.
<snip>
> But the problem begins when I dial to my Asterisk server from my other
> phone which is 514-854-7804
What is this other number? Is it a DID, ported, what?
Presume it DID...
> On debugging, I get the following screen which shows that it is
> successfully receiving the call but is not directing it to my extension
> 201, which is X-Lite.
>
> ===========================
> Sip read:
> INVITE sip:s at 24.57.xxx.xxx SIP/2.0
read about s here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+standard+extensions
or better start:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20howto%20dial%20plan
<snip>
> ===========================
>
> My sip.conf is
>
> ===========================
> [general]

<snip>

> [201]
> username=201
> type=friend
> secret=1111
> qualify=no
> port=5060
> nat=yes
> host=dynamic
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> context=internal
> canreinvite=no
> callerid="Home Phone" <201>
>
> [trunk]
> username=555555558
> type=peer
> secret=47076
> host=209.167.xxx.xxx
>
> [trunk_incoming]
> type=user
> secret=47076
> host=209.167.xxx.xxx
> ===========================
>
> My extensions.conf has following lines to deal with incoming SIP calls
> ===========================
> [external]
> exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/201,60,tr)
<snip>
As I said above: presumed DID add:
[incoming]
exten => 5148547804, 1, Dial(SIP/201,60,tr)
and include it to internal:
[internal]
include => incoming

> Thanks,