[Asterisk-Users] REaltime does not unregister sip peers "on the fly" but not only...

bbench at mail.bg bbench at mail.bg
Sat Nov 12 17:01:07 MST 2005

In addition to the mail below,
It is not the "realtime"! ARA is great.
Moving the peers to sip.conf, and ignoring extconfig.conf for a test,
discovered that, when left empty (secret=<blank_space>) is ignored as
commented (;secret=<whatever>). Obviously the sip channel was actually
prepared for the realtime sip_buddies table. Means, columns secret&md5secret
were left empty are to be considered <Not set>.

Thinking out load, for me, secret=<blank_space> meant that either the client
should have literally "blank" password or should not be able to register,
isn't it. If you don't want secrets you comment it like this
(;secret=<not_needed>). However, do not leave "secret" empty if you
require passwords from your users.
Simply set "secret=/" or something similar :).