AW: [Asterisk-Users] chan_capi-cm-0.6 can't be loaded with latest asterisk version from cvs

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Nov 12 13:50:20 MST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Faris Raouf wrote:
> mbodbg at gmx.net wrote:
> > Thanks Armin, this version is working, but I still have an undefined
> > symbol
> > in another module:
> >

> > [pbx_wilcalu.so]Nov  5 18:51:12 WARNING[11348]: loader.c:325
> > __load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/pbx_wilcalu.so: undefined
> > symbol:
> > ast_pthread_create
> > Nov  5 18:51:12 WARNING[11348]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading module
> > pbx_wilcalu.so failed!
> >
> > Can you also help me on that issue?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> >
> > Markus
> >

> To my knowledge, that module has nothing to do with CAPI. I don't honestly
> know what it does. ("will call you"????)
>
> What I can say is that with 1.2 RC2 (latest from CVS) and chan_capi-cd 0.6
> (latest from sourceforge cvs) as of 20:00 12/11/05 GMT on RedHat 9, I get
> exactly the same error when loading on a freshly sanitised system with all
> traces of previous asterisk installations removed.
>
> HOWEVER, if you add a noload => pbx_wilcalu.so in modules.conf you can make
> the error go away. (but this is probably a bad thing since I don't know what
> that module does!)
>
> But unfortunately, for me at least, I then end up with errors about:
>
> app_capiCD.so
> app_capiHOLD.so
> app_capiRETRIEVE.so
> app_capiECT.so
> and
> app_capiMCID.so
>

> For example:
>
> [app_capiCD.so]Nov 12 20:24:55 WARNING[19197]: loader.c:325 __load_resource:
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_capiCD.so: undefined symbol:
> ast_capi_MessageNumber
> Nov 12 20:24:55 WARNING[19197]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading module
> app_capiCD.so failed!
>
> # Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
>
> No matter which of the modules you comment out above, the same thing happens
> -- the error is always about app_capi_MessageNumber
>
> Armin (or anybody) -- have I missed something out/done something wrong, or is
> it a compatibility issue between chan_capi-cm 0.6 and Asterisk 1.2 RC2?

I cannot tell abything about the pbx_wilcalu.so issue, but with current
chan_capi-cm all app_capi* modules are obsolete and may not be used any
more. Just have a look at the chan_capi-cm package/cvs-contents, them
modules are removed, so why are you trying to load these?
As stated in README, the functionality is not part of chan_capi.so itself.

Armin