[Asterisk-Users] Unable to play dialtone

Dogers dogers at the-marines.com
Sat Nov 12 11:22:56 MST 2005

> Don't know from the limited amount of data that you provided.

Doh :)

> Ensure you are loading wctdm driver (use 'lsmod' to see if
> its loaded).
>
> run 'ztcfg -vv'

That produces:
Channel 03: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

> use 'zttool' to see the TDM card and which modules are recognized.

It sees the card, says 2 out of 4 lines/modules are configured

> Don't plug the pstn line into the wrong module (rj11 jack) as
> its likely to blow the module, particularily if ringing
> voltage from the central office gets dumped into the fxs jack.

It's definitely in the right socket, as the other channel connected to the
phone line still gets answered after x rings, as I had setup on the X100.

> Use 'zap show status' to understand what asterisk is seeing.

That command doesn't seem to exist in my version?

Having played some more, I think it's to do with asterisk or perhaps the odd
dialplan I have set up - I've modified the extensions.conf file and the
attached phone will ring and answer fine!

I'll put the default confs back, see what happens and post again if theres
still problems..

Andrew