[Asterisk-Users] [Announce] Web-MeetMe v1.4.0

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Nov 11 18:03:38 MST 2005

Bad form to reply to myself, but I just found two small bugs with the
new code.
One is in app_cbmysql which causes conferences to fail if there is no
user or
admin pin.  That has been fixed and posted to the normal location.

The second is a bit of debug code still in the gui, and a failure to
change flags
on an update.  I'll have those fixed by Monday, if anyone is interested.

Dan

________________________________

	From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dan Austin
	Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 2:14 PM
	To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
	Subject: [Asterisk-Users] [Announce] Web-MeetMe v1.4.0

	New Features-
	    - Weekly recurring meetings with the same room and pin
numbers.
	            Any conflict in the conference number as identified
before
	        the conference is added, allowing the submitter to
change
	        the conference room number
	    -  Database storage of MeetMe flags
	            This requires a db update to add the columns and a
new
	        version of app_cbmysql.  In this release the flags are
hard
	        coded in the UI.  I will be making a configuration
option
	        for the number of flags, and which flags are exposed.
	        For now the Admin has only 'Announce name' as and
option, and
	        the User has 'Announce name' and 'Listen mode' options

	This may be the last update to app_cbmysql.  There is a recent
	bug opened on Mantis to make MeetMe use the Realtime
architecture.
	If it is merged, I will port the scheduling functions to
app_meetme.

	The web interface will need minimal changes to be compatible,
and
	I will continue to work on refining it.

	[Location]
	        http://www.fitawi.com/Asterisk
<http://www.fitawi.com/Asterisk>

	[Files]
	        Web-MeetMe_v1.4.0.tgz   (required)
	        app_cbmysql.c           (required)
	        cbmysql.conf            (required)
	        cb-extensions.conf      (suggested)
	        README                  (suggested)

	[Installation]
	        See the README

	[Features]
	1.  Schedule new conferences
	        a. Control start and end times
	        b. Set conference pin #
	                i. Generate one if the requester leaves it blank

	                ii. Identify pin # conflicts (another conference
with
	                        the same pin is scheduled at the same
time)
	        c. Set Admin and User passwords
	                i. Generate a user password if an Admin pw is
set
	                        but the User pw is blank
	        d.  Weekly recurring conferences with the same settings
	        e.  Select MeetMe flags per conference for Admins and
Users
	2. Email the details for a successfully scheduled conference
	3. Separate views for Current, Past and Future conferences
	4. Ability to modify the end time of a running conference
	        a. Can also reschedule a past or future conference.
	5. Monitor realtime conference activity
	        a. Mute/Kick participants
	6. Optional authentication
	        a. Currently Active Directory or LDAP based
	        b. Authentication is abstracted so unix/PAM/DB/RADIUS
	                support could be easily added
	7. Users can only monitor, update or delete their conferences
	8. Verified administrators can monitor, update or delete any
	conferences.
	9. Updated to Asterisk 1.2.0-beta1
	        a. Changes to the Manager interface may have caused
	                support for 1.0.X to slip, I cannot test that)

	Thanks and enjoy,
	Dan

	***Developer help/guidence request***
	The day/month/year code needs to be rewritten in javascript
	to allow the fields to dynamically update.  Changing from a
	month that has 31 day to one with 30 should update the day
	field if it is set to 31.  Similar logic is needed for dealing
	with February in leap/non-leap years.

	This is well outside my experience and if anyone would care
	to contribute the code, I'd appreciate it.  Or if someone
	can point out a way to do it in PHP, even better.