[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 multiple audio frames per UDP packet?

Branko Samardzic branko_samardzic at rogers.com
Fri Nov 11 11:00:15 MST 2005

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to tweak IAX2 protocol to packetize audio
data
more efficiently. I would like to try setups where multiple audio frames
(gsm)
are combined into single UDP packet. I know that it will incur delay in
audio
streams but I don't care. Primary concern is to lower bandwidth so that
communication
can go over slow dialup link (33.6kbps).
Also, it looks to me that trunkfreq parameter might be of interest to try.
Am I
on good track? Any  advice/help is appreciated.
Regards,
Branko S.