[Asterisk-Users] Digium TDM400 on freebsd

synrat synrat at wirewalk.org
Fri Nov 11 08:04:53 MST 2005

Trying to get this working on FreeBSD 5.4.

zaptel-0.10_1 driver from ports.

Digium TDM400 ( don't remember all these codes,
but the card has fxs module in the 1st socket, and fxo module
in the 4th one.

/usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf

loadzone=us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=4
fxoks=1

When I start the system, both modules get detected
but I get

"TDM PCI Master abort" message,

which goes away if I run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel.sh stop, unloading
the modules.  Running this again with start argument, loads the modules
without the above mentioned message, also detecting both modules, but
ztcfg shows "ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Device not configured (6)"

output of  ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Device not configured (6)

what would be the basic troubleshooting steps ?

thanx a lot in advance.