[Asterisk-Users] MOH/Media Server

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Fri Nov 11 07:58:00 MST 2005

Is there a way to have a separate MOH/Media server for playing music
and/or audio prompts/files?

I have an * box where calls come in and sit in a queue until an agent
is available. I noticed that at the end of the day, I end up with a
bunch of "zombie" mpg123 processes for calls that were once on hold
and this seems to be eating up memory.

I thought that I could just have a media server that when a call is
placed on queue in the * box for the agents, it would use minimum
resources from that box and just use the resources of another box.

Is it possible? Is there a more efficient/better approach?

Thanks,
Waldo