[Asterisk-Users] Intel Desktop MotherBoards Unsuitable for Digium Boards

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Nov 11 03:25:14 MST 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Nir Simionovich - CTO wrote:

> but hey, I spend my nights debugging boards and
> sending back remarks to Intel on how to make their boards better for
> Asterisk.

Heh,

A customer of mine discovered that the onboard sound hardware on Intel
Desktop boards created an echo - audio sent out came back on the mic side.

He knew it was the board because even with the mic side of the headset
completely disconnected from the board he could still hear the echo.

Adding a separate Soundblaster board completely solved the issue.

So he's been trying to report this issue to Intel.

They just flatly will not admit that there IS an issue.

Its funny to watch because the guy trying to report it is extremely
patient, pedantic and thorough.  So he's just not giving up.  But so far
neither are Intel...

Steve