[Asterisk-Users] Echo problem not reflected with ZapBarge application

Ken Dresdell kdresdell at globetrotter.net
Thu Nov 10 17:37:37 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

How come it is possible that when we make a call (sip to pstn) using a
digium tdm04b we have echo, but if we listen that conversation on an other
sip phone with the asterisk zapBarge application the conversation is really
clear and with no echo ?

With the Digium (paid support) we tried everything that is possible,
including changing the server and the digium card but without finding the
source of the echo.

Does the fact that the "ZapBarge" don't reflect the echo could indicate us
that we have a problem with the local network or the phones ?

Any suggestions for a good open source voip network analysis tool?

Any help or comments are welcome

Ken