[Asterisk-Users] RE: 4 HFC cards

David Cook david at dave-cook.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 15:38:13 MST 2005

Colin,

I don't think that I'm the best person to answer this. I have an HFC
ISDN card back in its box at work which I failed to get a decent
connection when using it in combination with a Dell Optiplex GX240,
Centos 3.4 and brstuffed Asterisk 1.0.9. The channels came up and calls
would connect in and out, ableit unreliably, but the audio quality was
very choppy. I suspect this was due to IRQ conflicts and it was
impossible to assign a unique IRQ to the HFC card.

As this was for a pilot PBX at a remote site, we went for a Multitech
ISDN/VOIP Gateway. That Asterisk server just handles SIP & IAX traffic
now. We have a couple of Supermicro 5014C-MFs which I will go back to
with the HFC card
http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5014/SYS-5014C-MF.cfm
though ultimately we will need to terminate an ISDN30e connection for
our main site.

I'll copy this to the list where somebody else may be able to help out.
I understand the Florz patch may help you
(http://zaphfc.florz.dyndns.org/) and this post to the list may give you
a start on how to best handle multiple HFC cards in the same box:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+zaphfc+install26

Regards

David Cook