[Asterisk-Users] autoattendant timeout with include statement

Urban mailing.lists at ecr-consulting.se
Thu Nov 10 15:29:49 MST 2005

When using an autoattendant menu and using include in the menu to get
valid extensions that can be dialed in the menu it always waits for the
ResponseTimeout to expire before the extension is actually called:
exten => s,1,Answer(1000)
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,3
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,3
exten => s,4,BackGround(welcome)
include => UserExtensions                     ; *** This makes * wait
until ResponseTimeout expires
exten => t,1,Queue(250||||30)
exten => t,2,GoTo(ivr_NoneAvailable,s,1)
exten => t,3,Hangup
exten => i,1,GoTo(,s,4)

This on the otherhand calls the extension as soon as a valid extension
has been enterred in the menu:
exten => s,1,Answer(1000)
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,3
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,3
exten => s,4,BackGround(welcome)
exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/101)                ; *** Now 101 is called as
soon as the user has enterred 101 in the menu
exten => t,1,Queue(250||||30)
exten => t,2,GoTo(ivr_NoneAvailable,s,1)
exten => t,3,Hangup
exten => i,1,GoTo(,s,4)

Is there any way to get the same behaviour when using include? We have
alot of extensions that is referenced from many contexts and it would be
much easier if we could include the UserExtensions context. I think I
could use something like
exten => _6XX, 1, Goto(...)
but then we can't catch extensions that we don't have in the 6XX range...

urban