[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2: supported codecs

Richard James Blundell II RBlundell at telepacket.com
Thu Nov 10 10:39:45 MST 2005

The latest pap2 firmware supports G729 on one channel at a time. I think
they did this to lower cost on the g729 licensing fees.

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 20:19 +0100, Jose Limeres wrote:
> Hi,
> Can someone just confirm whether codecs G.729 and G.723 are
> operational with the Linksys PAP2 (reseller version, no Vonage
> version)?
> I know they are supported but there was a posting from February this
> year saying that G.729 was operational only in one channel at the
> time. Apparently they were planning to solve this issue with version 2
> in the firmware.
>
> Thanks
Thank-you,

Richard James Blundell II
Internet Engineer

Telepacket, Inc.
27455 Tierra Alta Way, Suite A. Temecula, CA 92590
Direct:(714)263-9090 Mobile:(951)757-5899 Fax:(714)263-9001
E-Mail: rblundell at telepacket.com

Please note that:
This email message may contain confidential and privileged information
and is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the content of this message
is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply
by email and delete the material from your computer.