[Asterisk-Users] DTMF method AVT

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Nov 10 11:40:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 07:18 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > What kind of DTMF method signaling is "AVT" ?
>
> The sipura admin manual refers to AVT as a.k.a rfc2833.
>
> > My Sippura seems to support only InBand, AVT, INFO, InBand+Info, Auto
> > INFO does not work with Asterisks voicemail system so it is useless for
> > me.
>
> Auto works just fine for me.

What DTMF mode are you using with Sipura-3000 on Line1?
My PSTN-Line is on Auto.
Line1 - if I set it to AVT  (rfc2833), and my sip.conf has
dtmfmode=rfc2833, outgoing calls are not processing the DTMF signal (I
get invalid number); incoming calls process extension correctly.
If I set Line1 to Auto outgoing calls process DTMF signal correctly, by
incoming calls can not dial any internal extension.

> > I'm using Asterisk-1.0.8
>
> Upgrade to something recent.

I'll try Asterisk-1.0.9

--