[Asterisk-Users] TE110P Zaptel config questions

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Thu Nov 10 09:35:46 MST 2005

I have a TE110P that I will be connecting to a T1 PRI. This seems pretty
standard, but I am only using 7 channels for voice. It's a shared
voice/data T1; 7 channels voice, 16 channels data and 1 D-chan, it comes
into a telco router and is split into a voice PRI and an Ethernet
connection. The 7 voice channels and one D chan are the only things on
the backside PRI. Does zaptel need any special configuration for this
sort of setup, or would the telco router handle the conversion and
restriction? Would I still define the bchan as 1-23 and dchan as 24? Or
would it be bchan=1-7 dchan=8?

This seems like a pretty common product for most telco/ISPs to deliver
to small businesses. I am a system/network admin by trade, not a telecom
engineer, so please excuse my ignorance! I have not tried connecting it
yet, as we need these phone lines during the course of the business day,
but I will be testing it tonight so I am trying to ask any pertinent
questions before I'm up to my neck in it. :)

-Ryan