[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Crashing (high load issues)

Kyle Hagan info at quadrasoftware.com
Wed Nov 9 23:05:48 MST 2005

 We purchased a new Dual Xeon 3ghz, 2gb ram to upgrade our 3ghz Pentium
1gb ram, that has been having load issues due to our growing company.

We are having problems... We use a predictive dialer that we custom
programmed in perl. It basically drops, moves, files into the callout
directory and uses queues to transfer to agents when someone picks up.

It has been working pretty good, except we now have 50+ dialers on the
system taking calls. The system dials 2-4 per available agent every 3-5
seconds based on, calls ringing and available agents. We can keep them
to about 8-20 seconds between calls. But the number of ringing lines is
causing load issues. Hence the new server.

We put Fedora Core 4 on with now problem. We were running 2 t1's in the
beginning of the day just to make sure the system was running good. We
finally put it on 8 t1's and the system ran great for about 4 hours.
Then the load started going up and up until the server just locked
completely. I could not get much information from the server. The lead
went to 170+ before it locked. Asterisk was showing 99% cpu usage at crash.

 I have some information that the log had in it just before the crash.
There was something about cpu3 soft lockup and page fault messages. If
someone can help I will post the log tomorrow when I get into work.
We had to switch back to the old server with the load issues.

 Some other information about the servers follows:

 We are running a separate slim server to stream moh.
 The predictive server is a separate pc connecting via manager interface
for agent information, available, busy and callerid of the person they
are talking to
 We have a script (perl) running on the Asterisk server to move the
callout files into the callout directory that are created via a web POST
via apache, the script checks for files in a temp directory and move the
files into the callout directory.

Thanks,
Kyle