[Asterisk-Users] how to setup Agent dialing in multiple asterisk servers

KRTorio krtorio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:05:40 MST 2005

Of course we use IAX to dial agents logged in another asterisk server.
 Ex. I have three asterisk servers
pbx1, IPaddress xxx.xxx.xxx.2
pbx2, IPaddress xxx.xxx.xxx.4
pbx3, IPaddress xxx.xxx.xxx.6
 Here's a portion of our dialplan when I dial agent/1XXX from pbx1:
 ; attempt to dial agent from within pbx1
exten => _1XXX,1,Dial(Agent/${EXTEN},30,t)
; if failed, dial pbx2 through IAX
exten => _1XXX,102,Dial(IAX2/pbx1:password at xxx.xxx.xxx.4/${EXTEN})
; if failed, try pbx3
exten => _1XXX,102,Dial(IAX2/pbx1:password at xxx.xxx.xxx.6/${EXTEN})
 Looks okay for now, but what if we keep on adding another pbx?