[Asterisk-Users] Intel Desktop MotherBoards Unsuitable for DigiumBoards

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 9 17:13:48 MST 2005

George Pajari wrote:

> As to those who continue to doubt the stupidity of Intel's mobo
> designers, here are the salient excepts of an lspci -vb from an "Intel
> Desktop Board D915GVWB" machine with a TDM04B board:

And the saga continues...

'lspci -vb' does not understand IO-APIC mode, as best I can tell, so the
interrupt number that it reports is totally useless.

On my desktop machine, with an nVidia graphics card in a PCI-Express
slot, /proc/interrupts shows it using interrupt 185, and 'lspci -vb'
shows it using IRQ 10. It is most definitely _not_ on IRQ 10, since
/proc/interrupts show the actual mapping from the IRQ controller (the
APIC) to the driver servicing the device.

At best, 'lspci -vb' is showing what interrupt the device was on
_before_ the kernel reassigned it using APIC mode.