[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Voice Changer Patch

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Nov 9 17:04:02 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 12:22 +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:
> LOL!!!:
>
> Trend SMEX Content Filter has detected sensitive content.
>
> Sender = Matt Riddell
> Subject = Re: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime Voice Changer Patch
> Policy = Sexual Discrimination
> Action on this mail = Delete message

Um yeah..  quite a filter you have there.  That filter makes me think of
something else ...

Back to the pitch changer (and for the author), does it also change the
pitch interval?  When speaking men tend to have a pitch interval of
5-20ms where women have 2.5-10ms pitch intervals.  The pitch interval is
different regardless of the time it takes to make a voiced sound, which
are 100-125ms.

By removing some of the pitch intervals you can speed up sound without
distorting, but that still at least makes me think that if the pitch
interval is fixed based on the speaker gender typing can be done by
analyzing the speech pattern ...

Voiced sounds (at least in english) are typically vowels and unvoiced
are consonants.  Has to do with where the sound is actually made in your
neck or mouth.

In related features it would be nice to have a filter that makes you
sound sick so you can call into work without as many problems :P

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378