[Asterisk-Users] Wits end with echo

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Nov 9 17:01:45 MST 2005

This pretty much helped me with the rxgains and txgains:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-November/071301.html

you don't use ztmonitor directly to modify the rx and txgains, you just
use it as a meter to make modifications to the zapata.conf file.

Moj

Jon Reynolds wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an AAH-1.5 with a TMD400P with four lines, 8 Grandstream GXP-2000
> phones, I am having echo issues on the GXP-2000 side.
>
> Here is what I have tried so far:
>
> The server has everything in the bios turned off except what is needed,
> USB, LPT, Serial etc,etc.
>
> I have uncommented Echo Suppresion in zconfig.h and shutdown and turned
> back on the asterisk box.
>
> I have updated the phones to 1.0.12 firmware, I have echotraining=800,
> echocancel=yes, echowhenbridged=yes, in my sip.conf file. I am using
> Mark2 as the echo suppresion and still I have echo.
>
> All the phones have been wired straight to the cisco 2950 switch and all
> cables have been tested and found to be good.
>
> I am completely at a loss at this point as to where to start looking and
> working to fix the problem. I would like to switch from Mark2 to MG1 but
> I don't know how I would acomplish that with AAH. I have played with the
> rx and tx gain but after reading multiple docs on it am still unsure how
> this would help and how to adjust it using /usr/bin/ztmonitor 1 -v.
>
> If anybody could point me in a new direction or something else to look
> at or something more to read that I may have missed I would be very
> appreciative.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Jon

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>