[Asterisk-Users] system command vs mailfax and quotes?

Jeff Roberts jeffsau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:56:22 MST 2005

hello,

been playing with spandsp, and rxfax. seems to work well.

i have not been able to run the mailfax command successfully from within
asterisk.

[jeff-fax-in]
exten => s,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk-fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,2,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
exten => h,1,system(/usr/bin/mailfax.sh ${FAXFILE} blah at blah.com${CALLERIDNUM})

the console shows this command executing but i never get the email

however i can cut the command from the console, paste it to the command line
and it works perfectly
such as:
/usr/bin/mailfax.sh /var/spool/asterisk-fax/1131570962.919.tif
blah at blah.com205550011

a little more testing shows me that at the command line:
/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/mailfax.sh /var/spool/asterisk-fax/1131570962.919.tif
blah at blah.com 2055550011

fails though, which from what i read is how asterisk sends my arguments to
the command line.

I've tried all sort of combinations of quotes and no quotes but can get
anything to work.

anyone have an idea as to what im failing to do to get the arguments passed
thru the system command correctly?
running CVS-v1-0-02/19/05-13:29:39

Thanks,
Jeff