[Asterisk-Users] what is the role of trunk=yes

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:51:48 MST 2005

 From http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/iax_conf.html

 trunk yes | no If set to yes,it will be used IAX2 trunking for this context.

 IAX2 trunking basically saves bandwidth by taking the frames from
multiple simultaneous calls and merging them into the same outbound
packet. Both sides must support and enable trunking before you can
have a trunked connection.