[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel T1 Timing Source

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 9 12:38:02 MST 2005

Waldo Rubinstein wrote:
> Yes, but the problem is, I think from a T1 theoretical perspective,
> that because the T1s are from different providers, their timings may  be
> different. I would assume that I need to be able specify a timing
> source per provider. Correct?

The dual and quad span Digium T1 cards cannot support that mode; all the
transmit clocks are slaved to a single source, which can either be the
onboard clock or one of the span receive clocks.

This will likely work just fine for you if your providers' clocks run at
the same frequency (as they should) but are not in sync with each other;
if there is a frequency difference between them then you could have
frame slips.