[Asterisk-Users] A2Billing

Areski K kikihack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:19:47 MST 2005

Well what is happening is that Asterisk is sending a SIGHUP signal to
the AGI script.
I guess this feature was always implemented in Asterisk but wasn't
working before
and has been corrected with the pthread_sigmask(SIG_UNBLOCK (see res_agi.c)...

PHP CLI/CGI doesn't normally include the pcntl module for signal
handler so the SIGHUP
is killing the AGI process, snifff ;(

So what the solution for those that want to use the cvs or start to
enjoy 1.2.0-rc1, well
there 2 solutions :

1# Remove the kill(pid,SIGHUP) in res_agi :D Kidding, some would like
to kill me for saying smth like that.

2# install php-pcntl according to your php version (PHP 5 have it already)
	-> u can download from here
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=112092
and then add this at the beginning of a2billing.php (after
#!/usr/bin/php -q  <?php...  )
declare(ticks = 1);
if (function_exists('pcntl_signal')) {
	   pcntl_signal(SIGHUP,  SIG_IGN);
}

This will ignore the signal SIGHUP.

Anyway, I will release tonight or tomorrow (if I am lazy) so you can
catch this changes from the packages.

Don't bill too high & save the killed process,
/Areski
http://areski.net/a2billing/