[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel T1 Timing Source

Kevin Bockman asterisk at wunderkin.com
Wed Nov 9 10:30:31 MST 2005

Waldo Rubinstein wrote:
> One T1 is with one carrier, who provides timing signal.
>
> The other 3 T1s are from a different carrier, all sharing the same
> timing signal.
>
> Based on this, I have in /etc/zaptel.conf something like:
>

> span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
> e&m=1-24
>
> span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
> e&m=25-48
>
> span=3,2,0,esf,b8zs
> e&m=49-72
>
> span=4,2,0,esf,b8zs
> e&m=73-96
I don't think there is such a thing as 'timing groups' like you are
thinking about.  The primary option for timing is 1, and secondary is 2,
third is 3, etc.  If 1 is down, it goes 2 to, etc.

I'm just learning myself, but I'm  pretty sure it should be:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-24

span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=25-48