[Asterisk-Users] Intel Desktop MotherBoards Unsuitable for Digium Boards

Nir Simionovich - CTO nirs at dimitel.com
Wed Nov 9 00:23:28 MST 2005

Hi All,

  What you say is fairly news to me, as I've been using Intel based boards
for the past 3 years with Asterisk - and hadn't had any issues that relate
to any of your concerns. I've had several issues with HyperThreading but
Other than that, nothing else major.

  I've used both desktop and server boards, ranging from AUGSBERG Celeron
boards, Torypine Pentium 4 and ClearWater/VolcanoPeak XEON boards. I
actually have several ClearWater boards running Digium boards running at
100 channels without a single IRQ miss.

  Matt, as I see it, it's just a matter of settings - no more than that.
Going off and ruling out a MB vendor just because you got a piece of
information, which you are reluctant from verifying yourself is somewhat
childish in my book - but hey, I spend my nights debugging boards and
sending back remarks to Intel on how to make their boards better for
Asterisk.

  Over the course of the past 3 years, I've used the following boards with
high success rates: Intel, Tyan, GigaByte, HP/Compaq and some IBM machines.
I also integrated on some Asus and SuperMicro, but I wouldn't call those a
tier-1 installation, as they were mainly done in a lab condition for a lab
test.

Regards,
  Nir S