[Asterisk-Users] Fading echo on Zap<->SIP channels...

Hugh Jackman hijackman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:25:53 MST 2005

Hello,

Every PSTN-SIP connection has some echo due to impedance mismatch at
the hybrid circuit (the interface between digital and analog
networks).

The fading echo you're experiencing shows that your echo cancellator
is actually working! you can reduce the fading time by adjusting your
echo can parameters, for example, reducing the number of taps (from
the default value of yes = 128 to 32) and/or using echo training time.

Hope this helps!

Hugh