[Asterisk-Users] 1.2b2/mpg123 and memory usage

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue Nov 8 14:18:50 MST 2005

I don't know if there could be a memory leak or something in 1.2b2,
but I noticed that my box running 1.2b2 eats through memory like crazy.

I'm running 1.0.9 on a 1.5GB RAM machine. After 8 hours from a clean
reboot, the machine is using about 900MB of RAM.

On a 1.2b2 with 2GB RAM, after the same period of time from a clean
reboot, the machine is using 2GB of RAM.

Both these figures are reported from running the 'top' command.

Also, the two machines serve the same purpose. They handle call
queues (about 1500 calls after 8 hours each call lasting about 8
minutes average) with MOH playing mp3 files with mpg123 from the
asterisk installation.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
Waldo