[Asterisk-Users] Sensing fax with txfax

Andy Kuo akuoca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:18:15 MST 2005

Hi,
 I think you should change your codec on both legs to ulaw/alaw.
 I've been trying to get txfax going myself too.
 I can receive fax with Spandsp 0.0.2pre19 on Asterisk 1.0.9 with rxfax, but
when I tried sending the received fax file to a fax machine, I either get
"line error" or just a blank page.
  > -- Attempting call on SIP/xxx at yyy for application
txfax(/root/testfax.tif) (Retry 1)
> Channel SIP/yyy-3c49 was answered.
> Lauching txfax(/root/testfax.tif) on SIP/yyy-3c49
 I got the same CLI output and a blank page.(or "line error" on fax machine
display)
  I'm trying to send fax to a regular fax machine on SIP ATA (Linksys
PAP2-NA). Is anyone having any success on this? (or any other ATA's)?
  Can anyone help us out here?
 Thanks.
AK