[Asterisk-Users] Problems with DTMF on Polycomm Phones

Krishna Sumanth Chava kschava at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:04:25 MST 2005

hi doug,
 I do have rfc2833 and i also tried with inband ... the actual scenario is
like this...
 I have my polycomms working for POTS which i connect using through Cisco
As5300 but when i try to send my call to a VOIP provider using a T1 line
through Cisco 3620.. i have problems with DTMF.. My other phones ATCOM and
Cisco work well.. i am thinking probably i need to change my whole polycomms
to use G711u unlike G729 which i am using right now. i did change my
extensions in sip.conf to inband and rfc2833 on asterisk box and verified
still it did not work...
 so probably the other solution would be to change the dtmf tag on polycomms
conf file to inband
 please suggest me if this is a good idea?? or is there any other
solution...
if this is what i should do please suggest me the appropriate changes in the
tag below for polycomms to operate with inband
 <DTMF tone.dtmf.level="-15" tone.dtmf.onTime="50" tone.dtmf.offTime="50"
tone.dtmf.chassis.masking="0" tone.dtmf.stim.pac.offHookOnly="0"
tone.dtmf.viaRtp="1" tone.dtmf.rfc2833Control="1" tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload=
"101"/>
  thanks
krishna