[Asterisk-Users] Lost Cisco SIP phones after reboot

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Tue Nov 8 08:06:18 MST 2005

After rebooting my asterisk server (1.2B2) I could still call my Sipura
SIP phones from outside (via cell phone).  But I have a customer with
two Cisco SIP phones...I don't know the exact model...those two phones
could not be reached.  The message in the console:

Nov  8 10:03:34 NOTICE[4207]: app_dial.c:1110 dial_exec_full: Unable to
create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 3 - No route to destination)

Why would the Sipura SPA2002's keep working after a reboot but not the
Cisco phones?

On a somewhat related note:  Is there a file where asterisk stores
current SIP registrations or does it just store them in memory?  Or
perhaps is there a way to export current registered SIP users before a
reboot, do the reboot, then import them back in?  The idea is to make it
transparent to the user.