[Asterisk-Users] Change Asterisk User

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:03:35 MST 2005

i had ( or still have ) the same problem. Im running asterisk as
asterisk:asterisk, but dont know why, the new voicemails are saved as
root:root with 700 permissions, so i made a quick workaround, i added the
following line in sudoers file:

%lighttpd ALL=(root)NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/chmod -R 755
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/

dont need to say im using lighttpd instead of apache. Then when i want to
read voicemail i execute from php the command to change the permissions in
/var/spool/

what do you think of that approach? is ugly yes, but any security wholes?

best regards

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"