[Asterisk-Users] BRI cards, HFC, and bristuff - a general question to clear up my understanding.

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Tue Nov 8 07:26:08 MST 2005

Hamish Whittal wrote:

> I have an Asustek ISDNLink (P-IN100-ST-D) BRI card.
[..]

This is not a card compatible with the bristuff.

I don't know about the availability of the hfc-cards in your part of the
world, but they are very inexpensive in Germany (around 30 EUR ~ 30 USD)

> I am loathe to buy a AVM Fritz card as they are VERY expensive here and
> if I can get this card working - hey presto, since these thingies are
> very cheap.

If you are serious about asterisk, you don't want to try the modem route
with your card. Sound will be bad.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt