[Asterisk-Users] Hiss

Jeffrey Macko jmacko at macko.net
Tue Nov 8 06:08:25 MST 2005

Whoo Hoo!  I managed to get * up and running last night.

My most pressing problem is that there is a considerable amount of hiss
heard by the called party when using a SIP phone (xten or GXP-2000).
I've tried two different computers with two different headsets, and the
hiss still remains when you should be hearing silence (or near silence).

The hiss does not occur when you're on one of the extensions of the
legacy PBX (Nortel).

Anyone have some ideas on where I should be looking?

Basics below:

PSTN (via PRI)  -->  *  --> PRI --> Nortel Meridian

I've got a basic dial plan setup to forward most calls through * to the
legacy PBX.

Thanks!

--Jeffrey