[Asterisk-Users] several beginner questions

Dane Reugger dane at downtownpc.com
Mon Nov 7 18:08:07 MST 2005

Actually 1 beginner w/ multiple questions...

I'm getting ready to make my first jump into VoIP and the Asterisk PBX -
Katrina has forced my hand much earlier than expected. My phone and ISP
(Eatel) is leaving New Orleans so I've got just a couple weeks to get
this done.

I read some good reviews on QuantumVoice - they don't seem like the
cheapest and have answered every email I shot at them - any opinions?

I plan on using this with my 4 line (analog) Panasonic wireless base
station w/ 5 wireless phones to start off with - Quantumvoice says I can
have 5 concurrent calls but I won't need more than 3 or 4 for the
foreseeable future - I will experiment with IP phones later -  any
hardware recommendations?

Debian is my Linux flavor of choice - any good walk throughs, etc..?

The only way I'm gonna get a feel for this is if I start doing it but I
don't want to paint myself in the corner or over spend - in fact I would
like to spend as little as possible at this time but its a business
system and I want it to work well - any /all advice appreciated.

TIA,
Dane Reugger
Crescent City Technologies
New Orleans, LA