[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 FXO vs FXS Interrupt performance

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 7 11:18:49 MST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 12:57, George Gardiner wrote:
> Most modern installations/buildings are wired with RJ45, as are the patch
> panels.  RJ12 is a real pain - I had to chop up patch leads and put RJ12
> sockets on the end.  Very messy and a waste of time.

We just moved in to a new building.  While you're right in the sense that
there's cat5 and rj45 everywhere, *every* phone port is RJ11.  I've never
seen it otherwise.

Up in the equipment room the telco is all terminated to BIX, and there are
special BIX strips that have BIX on the back and 12 (I think) RJ11 on the
front.  There are also similar BIX strips that do 6 RJ45 on the front but our
data termination is all done on 19" patch panels with BIX on the back and 24
(I think) RJ45 on the front.

-A.