[Asterisk-Users] bristuff-0.2.0-RC8n problems and kernel panic

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Nov 7 09:56:06 MST 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 03:43:03PM +0100, gincantalupo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had some problems to with a quadBRI with a 2.6 kernel debian distro.
> Have you tried to insmod the zaptel.ko module instead of modprobing?
> It worked for me, hope it will work for you too.
>
> Giorgio Incantalupo

Could you please give more details?

One thing you should try to do is remove the automatic run of ztcfg at
module load time. Practically: rem-out all the lines in
/etc/modprobe.d/zaptel .

There is some black-magic claim that if you un ztcfg more than once it
may cause a problem to a configured zaphfc module.

Don't forget to run ztcfg manually (or in an init.d script) later.