[Asterisk-Users] Help needed for Onhold calls

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Mon Nov 7 08:46:29 MST 2005

Good Day list,

	I have read wiki pages I have googled to death and am getting no
closer to understanding the methodology of onhold music.

	Maybe I am trying to do something that is just not possible:

	Here is my desire.

	1) Call comes in to the asterisk box via Zap channel
	2) call is answered by SIP/100
	3) call is parked

	1) Sip/200 unparks the call and places the caller on hold (by
pressing hold button on the SIP Phone)
		I would like to have any callers that have been placed
on hold from this extension to hear musicclass "SALES"

	Repeat steps 1-3 above

       1) Sip/300 unparks the call and places the caller on hold (by
pressing hold button on the SIP Phone)
		I would like to have any callers that have been placed
on hold from this extension to hear musicclass "SUPPORT"

I have found discrepancy in the source code between using musicclass and
musiconhold therefore I have tried both of them individually and
simultaneously.

PS> I know the different classes of music are working because I can
specify them to be used in the queues I have set up.

Bottom line is "Can I specify the music class that a caller hears based
upon WHO puts them on hold?:

Thanks for your assistance

Musiconhold.conf
;
; Music on hold class definitions
;
[classes]
default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
general => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/general
Support => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/Support
Sales => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/Sales

Sip.conf
[general]

port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
callerid = Unknown
musicclass=general

[200]
.