[Asterisk-Users] compiling problems

FaberK f.faberk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 05:18:07 MST 2005

The problem is the 2.6. I know that there is compability also with
that kernel, but in my small experience, I've got not these problems
with 2.4.
Now, I've got to migrate Asterisk into a Dual Xeon 3.0 4Gb RAM.
What distro would you use?

Until now, I've tested CentOS 3.4 Server with no problem, but not on
this kind of server.
With Fedora 3, too many problems, concerning the kernel 2.6.

Suggestions?

Thanks

2005/11/6, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il>:
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 07:29:18PM +0100, FaberK wrote:
> > Fedora Core 3
> > kernel-0-2.6.9-1.667 and kernel-2.6.12-1.1380 (same results)
> > Sangoma 102
> > Concerning udev, I've read that it uses hotplug and if I'm not wrong,
> > I remember that zaptel got conflicts with hotplug. But maybe I'm
> > confusing.... (terrible headache!)
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> zaptel should not conflict with hotplug if the specific hardware driver
> module is well-written (e.g: declares PCI IDs it will identify). This
> will mean that hotplug will try using it automatically.
>
> --
> Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jbr.cohens.org.il | VIM is
> http://tzafrir.org.il |                           | a Mutt's
> tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                           |  best
> ICQ# 16849755         |                           | friend

.:FaberK:.