[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 3640 as * FXO GW using MGCP?

Mark Cornhill mark.cornhill at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 23:41:31 MST 2005

Hi All,

I have searched high and low but cannot find anything on setting up Asterisk
using MGCP to talk to a Cisco 3600 FXO gateway.

I am running * version 1.0.9 on Slackware 10.
I have a Cisco 3640 IOS 12.3.12a IP+ with 2 x NM-2V's and 2 x VIC-2FXO's

Using SIP to talk between * and the Cisco presents problems with call
hang-up for which I was unable to solve. If anyone has info on this I would
greatly appreciate it also.

If MGCP is possible does anyone have any * and/or Cisco configs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mark Cornhill