[Asterisk-Users] HDLC errors on PRI

kurt turner asteriskipd at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 22:32:48 MST 2005

Sounds like a timing issue or interop issue.  Get rid of the NFAS (3rd t1 with all B channels) and make them all plain PRIs without D channel sharing.

Jason Walker <desktophero at gmail.com> wrote:

I have looked through other postings to the user group for HDLC errors, went through what worked for other people, and still can not seem to get past this issue.

For 3 days, I have been getting HDLC abort(6) errors in *. Prior to Tuesday, the circuits were clean...I had maybe 10 HDLC abort messages since August 10th.

Here are my specs:

1 Gig IBM x300 w/ 1 Gig Ram
1 Quad TE405P card
No errors on IRQs
IRQs are separated with NO sharing
hdparm for irq and dma are set to 'on'

Software -

FC1 with -1 updates to kernel, etc.
Asterisk v 1.0.9, libpri 1.0.9, zaptel 1.0.9.2

1 T1 is a tieline to our Nortel Meridian
3 T1s are a PRI trunk group with D chans on 24 and 48. The third T1 only has b channels.

No alarms from zttool.

Calls go through, inbound and outbound.

About every 5 seconds, I get the following on the console:
Nov  4 21:10:37 NOTICE[9693]: PRI got event: Alarm (4) on Secondary D-channel of span 1
Nov  4 21:10:37 NOTICE[9693]: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1

The errors seem to increase as calls come in and out. There is also a noticable "popping" when the error happens.

Any suggestions are welcome.

thank you

Jason

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: