[Asterisk-Users] Problem ringing multiple extensions when one is forwarded

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Sun Nov 6 13:13:04 MST 2005

Here is a bit more information. First, to clarify, you are correct the
entire group is not diverted, however, since the forward is going to a
"direct to voicemail" extension it answers immediately and that stops
the group from ringing.

What we need is for asterisk to completely ignore the forward and just
ring the remaining phones.

BTW, pri_gw below is a Cisco sip gateway connected to a PRI.

Here is a sanitized mini-version of the CLI output.

  -- Executing Dial("SIP/10.0.0.1-b5437768","SIP/EXTEN1&SIP/EXTEN2&SIP/EXTEN3.. etc.
    -- Called EXTEN1
    -- Called EXTEN2
    -- Called EXTEN3
    -- SIP/EXTEN1-848c is ringing
    -- SIP/EXTEN2-8d15 is ringing
    -- Got SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from 10.0.0.56
    -- Now forwarding SIP/10.0.0.1-b5437768 to 'Local/<forwardnum>@<context>' (thanks to SIP/EXTEN3-7642)
    -- Executing SetCallerID("Local/<forwardnum>@<context>-81d5,2", ""Name" <2021234567>") in new stack
    -- Called <forwardnum>@pri_gw
    -- SIP/pri_gw-6f36 is making progress passing it to Local/<forwardnum>@<context>-81d5,2
    -- Local/<forwardnum>@<context>-81d5,1 is making progress passing it to SIP/10.0.0.1-b5437768
    -- SIP/pri_gw-6f36 answered Local/<forwardnum>@<context>-81d5,2
    -- Local/<forwardnum>@<context>-81d5,1 answered SIP/10.0.0.1-b5437768
    -- Attempting native bridge of SIP/10.0.0.1-b5437768 and SIP/pri_gw-6f36

Thanks,

John