[Asterisk-Users] Re-invite don't always work

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Sun Nov 6 10:49:37 MST 2005

I want to be SURE that two UAs connected by asterisk (1.2-beta2) use a
direct RTP stream, so that they don't waste the bandwidth of asterisk.

How can I obtain it?

I have set "canreinvite=yes", but I have read that in this case asterisk
TRY to do a reinvite, but if it don't succeed, it remains "in the
middle". Is it right?

Looking at the output of a tcpdump it seems that actually it doesn't
work in any condition.

We have a Cisco PSTN gateway that calls the asterisk, witch forward the
call to one of two phones.

In the case of an analog phone attached to a "Fritz! Box Fon WLAN", it
seems that the RTP stream don't flow through asterisk.

In the case of a Grandstream GXP-2000, it seams that it sends its RTP
stream directly to the gateway BUT the gateway keeps sending its RTP
stream through asterisk!

Anybody knows why it happens?

How can I avoid this?

How can i FORCE asterisk to ALWAYS reinvite the calls?
I prefer the call to NOT be established instead of flowing through asterisk.

Thanks.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it