[Asterisk-Users] limiting incloming call on sip phones to 1

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Sun Nov 6 08:09:06 MST 2005

Anton Krall wrote:

>Hey Guys!
>
>I know sip hpones can be configured to disable call waiting but this is for
>all call appearances. I was wondering if there is a way to limit outgoing
>calls (asterisk -> phone) to a sip phone (techonology) to 1?
>
>Is there any other way of doing this without groups or such? Any kind of
>settings on sip.conf for this?

You can set incominglimit=1 (1.0.x) or call-limit=1 (1.2b / CVS head) in
sip.conf for that extension.

These limits are named from asterisk's perspective.  incominglimit is
calls coming in to asterisk, so it would limit calls from the sip phone
to asterisk, but not from asterisk to the phone.  outgoinglimit (1.0.x)
doesn't work from what I've read.

call-limit is both directions.  It may be what you need.  However, you
won't be able to do an attended transfer.  Blind transfer might work,
but I haven't tried it.

quote from previous thread from Olle Johansson:

"incominglimit is replaced by call-limit. Please read sip.conf.sample.

Outgoinglimit has not worked for ages, so we removed it. One limit works
for both incoming and outgoing calls now."