[Asterisk-Users] How to messure PDDs, how to detect fast hangup?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Sat Nov 5 03:35:17 MST 2005

Hi,

how can I know in the dialplan, whether and when I received
the ringing event?

Imho, the only way is to parse all events using the manager
and to forward this information by an application to the
dialplan. The application would have to be called on
connect or on hangup.

Hints for a more simple way are welcome!
Does anybody think about a new state in ${DIALSTATUS}:
FAST_HANGUP (for a hangup before ringing)?
Would anybody else appreciate a dialplan
variable ${RINGTIME} like DIALEDTIME and ANSWEREDTIME,
but indicating, when we received the ringing-notification?

Roger.