[Asterisk-Users] Cisco phone firmware

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Fri Nov 4 14:51:05 MST 2005

I understand that I must pay for a support license to download Cisco
firmware, so I'm not trying to pirate it. I simply want to know what I
need to buy in order to get firmware files for my phones. Does anyone
have any helpful links they can give? What does this license cost?

Specifially, I need SCCP images for the 7902 and 7940... Does anyone
have any experience with setting this up and can either give me a hand
or point me in the appropriate direction? Most of the entries on
voip-info.org were pretty light on details, just postings of different
config files. Also, if I'm just doing skinny (no need for SIP, and the
7902s don't support it anyway) do I even need firmware files? It seems
like I do, but I can't even seem to get my phones to try to tftp in and
download anything.

Also, for anyone who has used either of these phones, how well do they
work with asterisk? The chan_sccp2 drivers say they "mostly work" but I
want to know what doesn't work to see if I care. Any help would be
appreciated, thanks.

--

Ryan Amos

System Administrator, FineTooth