[Asterisk-Users] User language switching in dial plan

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Fri Nov 4 13:09:02 MST 2005

Hi,

What is the best way to allow a user to select the language they hear in
the dial plan?  In other words I want the phone to answer "Hello welcome
to ABC company to continue in English press 1" Followed by the same
thing in Spanish (Mexican Spanish - I live in the South West United
States) but with a press "2". What I would like to avoid is creating two
different dial plans and it looks like I can do this, does the following
look correct?? By the way is there any prerecorded language selector
similar to the above? Or at least something like 'to continue in English
press' and 'to continue in Spanish press' the later being in Mexican
Spanish. Also I could not find a designator for Mexican Spanish is 'es'
correct??

[language]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Background(enter-language-extension)
exten => 1,1,Set(LANGUAGE()=en)
include => internal
exten => 2,1,Set(LANGUAGE()=es)
include => internal

[internal]
exten => s,1,Background(enter-ext-of-person)
exten => 101,1,Dial(zap/1,10)

Thanks